ICME - the International Committee for Museums of Ethnography - is an international comittee within ICOM - the International Council of Museums.
Important special issues in recent years have been
* illicit traffic
* repatriation questions
* museums and multicultural societies
* indigenous cultures and museums
* museums and local societies
* new roles for old museums
* intangible heritage
* intellectual property issues
* oral history methods
These issues are today much debated among museum professionals as well as representatives for the public. Those interested participating in these discussions are welcome to join the ICME discussion forum.